Friday 26 May 2017

The World Of Marvel

Don't know about you, but I'm SO excited about the new Spider-Man Homecoming film that's coming out soon!

I'm a huge fan of Marvel and have been reading and collecting Spider-Man comics since I was in primary school.

If you haven't seen the trailers or just want to watch one again, here is trailer 1:

Peter Parker, all through the many different versions of Spider-Man, both comic and film, has been a troubled geek that just wants to get things right, but struggles to do so, even though he does help people and is a hero, so I think maybe that's one of the reasons why I relate to this character so much. Not the hero bit. Of course having the same powers would be a bonus, but I don't think I want that much responsibility, and I don't like spiders.



A lot of my friends and family enjoy the Marvel films, especially the whole Avenger ensemble, and have often got confused about what order to watch them in or have missed some out, so here's a list, sourced from Wikipedia, that you may find helpful:


Phase One: Avengers Assembled
Iron Man (2008)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Thor (2011)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Phase Two:
Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Ant-Man (2015)

Phase Three:
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Doctor Strange (2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Future:
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Black Panther (2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
Captain Marvel (2019)
Untitled Avengers film (2019)
Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 (2019)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (TBA)

(I haven't included any of the TV series in this list)

If you haven't yet seen the Incredible Hulk, I personally recommend trying Hulk first (not part of this list), as although it's not directly connected to it, The Incredible Hulk kind of continues from the end of Hulk. It's not a remake and it's not a sequel. Yes, it has different actors etc, and a few people I know have slated the first film but it tells the beginnings of the Hulk story, and it's very much stylised like a comic. It has a dark and unique look and I love it! If you haven't watched it, please do and let me know what you think!
When it was released, it was the first of it's kind. I think it's a fantastic film. This is coming from a picky ex media student with beady eyes.

So whether you are starting from scratch or have missed a few of the films, hopefully this list will help you out.


Very excited about the future release of Captain Marvel as well. Well I'm looking forward to all of the future films, but this one stands out as
1. Captain Marvel is best friends with one of my favourite characters, Spider-Woman,
2. She isn't very well known outside of the comic world, so it will be interesting to see how people take to her.

I am concerned though, as I'm sure all comic book fans and general book worms are when a character they follow comes to the big screen, incase they don't capture her in the same way. I suppose I had the same concern when they announced there would be a Tomb Raider film, and I ended up being hooked. So we will see! We will see!