Wednesday 31 May 2017

Review | Breakfast in a Bottle

Even though I live close to work currently, I find my mornings can sometime be a bit too rushed for a decent breakfast. I get fed up of having the same things all the time. Toast... bored of that and it seems to take too long. Cereal... I struggle with cereals.

Lately I've been having a banana or a breakfast bar, but the other day the 'Weetabix on the go' caught my eye. I had seen the adverts, so I thought I'll give it a go.



I was a bit nervous that it might have bits of Weetabix in, as I don't mind eating it, but I hate it when it goes soggy.

I was out the house extra early today, so grabbed it from the fridge. When I got to work I cracked it open. It reminded me of the little bottled milkshakes I had as a kid. Not bad.

It's easy to drink and tastes quite nice, but I have to admit it doesn't taste healthy. I think that is due to the strawberry puree and sugar. There are ingredients that I don't know much about in there.

Overall, for an occasional quick fix breakfast on the go, I'd say it's good. I think I'd prefer to make my own breakfast smoothie or milkshake full of healthy ingredients, but again that takes time to prepare.

So I wouldn't have it all the time, but I'd keep a few in my fridge for those early morning rushes for sure.